Saturday, January 22, 2005

Better than 10

I'm happy to report that I ended up running 25 miles today. I was feeling like a loser because I didn't make the trip to Duluth. Crazy to feel that way, but I did.

I and Topaz ran for 15 miles this morning. It was rough work. We broke the trail so the first loop was the most difficult. Each loop is 5 miles. We ran 15 miles the first trip out. Went home, showered, and attended Troy's basketball game.

Figured I still hadn't run as much as I was scheduled to, and planned to. I had been eating extra carbs all week, tapered my trail running a bit and didn't lift legs because of the race today.

We went out for another 10 miles. Yahoo! I was exhausted, but felt like I accomplished something. Back home, another shower and hit the movies with the family. Meet the Faukers. Too funny!

I am trying to upload some pics of our run and keep getting error messages. I'll try again.

Just heard from my friends' at the race that left yesterday morning before the snow hit. NO BODY finished the whole marathon, too much snow. It took Bonnie and Don 8 hours to run the 1/2 marathon distance. They broke the trail. Unreal! There was 26" of new snow over the past 2 weeks to break. Wowzie. Still, wishing I was there...

Tomorrow I'll be happy with 5 miles!

No comments: