Monday, January 10, 2005

My Lovely Feet

They look in such rough shape, and really, they are better than usual. The blisters are subsiding because I haven't been running 50 milers since October. I wouldn't dare to go and get a pedicure. The poor technician would probably vomit.

I take such good care of them. I soak them in Epsom salts, I use a pumice stone on them, I soak in my foot spa, I lube them up before I run..still..blisters and broken, gone or black toenails.

I think I have found the answer. After reading John Vonhof's Fixing Your Feet I am trying some new items.

This weekend prior to my Saturday and Sunday runs I taped my feet with Elasticon tape. And it actually stuck. Usually the tape I use ends up in a ball at the end of my sock, inflicting more damage than if I hadn't taped in the first place. This Elasticon stayed right where I put it. I then sprinkled my feet with powder instead of using Body Glide. I didn't get ANY blisters Saturday or Sunday. Not even a hot spot. I think I'm onto something.

I am running the Northwoods Snowshoe Marathon on January 22nd. That will be a good test.

No comments: