Monday, February 07, 2005

The Saga of the Scale

I begin the Leanness Lifestyle Bootcamp Intensive on Wednesday. Tomorrow night we have our first group tele-conference. I can't wait. I can't believe how excited I am about this. I have met a few of the people in this challenge via the board and our tele-conferences. It'll be a lot of fun...and a lot of HARD work. I listened to some of the interviews online with former Diva challenge finishers and they really worked their butts off..literally..during these challenges.

So, Coach Dave asked that we all have digital bathroom scales to weigh on. He said the reason is that they are easy to read and that they measure to the tenth pound. This makes sense to me as my scale reads to the pound and it is hard to read, now that I've hit the big 4-0, the eyes don't focus quite as easily. Anyway, I went off to Target yesterday and purchased this digital scale. I set it all up for this morning's weigh in. EEEK! It reads 6 pounds heavier than my old scale! This is so crazy and such a mind game. It's only a number. I am still as I was yesterday. Good grief. I pulled out the old scale, still said 142. Pulled out the new scale, 148.2 With the old scale, I would step very lightly, barely placing weigh on my second foot and get off quickly. With the new scale I have to put on both feet, stand erect, with all weight on and accounted for.

This new scale weight changes my body fat calculations as well. The official start date for Bootcamp Intensive is Wednesday, February 9. I'll use the new weight then. I can see why Coach wanted us to have our scales and weight in order prior to start date. Guess he's seen this come up before!

I ran 59 miles this past week. 14 were on the treadmill, 5 on pavement and the rest on trail. I lifted weights 3x, for a total of 160 minutes and averaged 1432 calories each day. I didn't have a free day, they are history. They are one of the reasons I stopped losing weight. I created a deficit of calories all week long, then refilled that deficit on my free day. I didn't have a free meal either. I just never felt the need.



No comments: