Friday, May 27, 2005

Memorial Weekend

If it rains any more here in Central Minnesota I am going to turn into a mushroom! I have been running on the trail, in the rain, every day after work this week. Yesterday a tree blew down only a few feet in front of me. It is crazy! Every morning I have run on the treadmill for 30 minutes before work..my only 'dry' runs!

I am heading up to the cabin for the weekend. Guess what the forecast is? Rain. Every day. Great fun. I'll be running in the storms again..and fishing..and trying to have some fun.

I'm wearing my skinny pants today. It's a miracle. Wait, no, it is Leanness Lifestyle! Woohoo.

FANS 24 hour race is on June 4/5. It's a 24 hour run around Lake Nakomis in Minneapolis. Check out www.fans24hour.org for details. I want to run 100 miles. Last year I ran 86 miles and quit at 22 hours. The year before I ran 82 miles. It's a damn tough race. All asphalt and it is so easy to quit. It is a 2.3 mile course and your car is there waiting for you each and every lap.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: