Sunday, June 12, 2005

Baseball, Baseball and more Baseball

Troy had a weekend baseball tournament here in Big Lake. Yesterday I was out on the trail with Topaz at 6 AM so I could get a good hard 10 mile run in before I had to work the concession stand for 2 hours. It was nice, sunny, low humidity; a beautiful morning.

At 11:00 Troy's game began..so did the rain. It rained for a full two hours..and the game lasted the full two hours. We were miserable. Sitting in a lawn chair, an umbrella over my head, the water dripping into my shorts..misery. The poor boys out there playing. Ugh. They lost 8-10.

After the game we came home and I quickly had him peel off his clothing to put into the dryer. 30 minutes later were back into the car, on our way to game 2. This game they won and the sun came out and everything was A-OK!

Today I again was out on the trail at 6 AM for an 8 mile run. It was sunny, warm and lovely! Back to the baseball fields for two back to back games. Both winners and no rain! It was wonderful. We invited the baseball team over for swimming and grilling after the tournament.

Next weekend is Tyler's baseball tournament. I'll be driving to Duluth, MN for Grandmas Marathon on Saturday, then will come home right after the race so I can catch Sunday's tournament games. I hate missing Saturday's games but I entered Grandmas months ago and I hate missing that race too. At least I'll get his Sunday games in.

No comments: