Sunday, July 10, 2005

Back from the 4th

I had an excellent week up at the lake during the 4th of July holiday. I was quite nervous as I had a goal of 127 pounds to reach on July 7 you know!

In my suitcase was my bathroom scale, my P90X DVD's, my resistance bands and a supply of Myoplex bars and powders. This is all in addition to my usual running supplies of shoes, water bottles, packs, etc. Of course I had to stop by the grocery store to stock up on a healthy supply of veggies, fruits, oats, eggs and lean meats.

Nobody gave me any grief for all of my stuff and food. My Mom and Dad were very complimentary of my new body; they hadn't seen me since the end of May. On Sunday evening Steve and I went to the Eveleth Street Dance where I saw many old friends. Wow, it sure felt good to look so lean. Of course, most of them think the running finally caught up with me and I lost weight because of it. They don't realize that I've only run 300 more miles so far this year than last and the weight loss is because of LL, not only running.

I, Steve and the boys, my sister Laurie, her son and hubby and my Mom and Dad were all at the cabin. We had glorious weather-sun all days, did water skiing, tubing, fishing, even spent a day on a houseboat. It was all fun.

I had anticipated on coming home last Thursday but was having such a good time I extended my trip until Saturday.

OK, and I reached my goal! The goal I set on February 9. My all time goal, to die for goal, of 127 pounds on July 7. I did it. And now I want more. Or less! I'm going to go down to 125 and then maintain there, maybe go down a bit more for some 'cushion' for a splurge here and there.

I really do need some new clothing. I tried on my size 6 Tommy H jeans but they were a touch large. Good grief. Give me a break. I can't believe I just typed that out. Plus they were $69 and I'll be damned if I'll pay $69 for a pair of jeans that I will . gulp. outgrow . in. a . few. weeks.

So I'm wearing running clothes for the most part each day!

While on vacation I did 3 days of resistance bands and P90X DVDs and ran a total of 49 miles. Today I went for a run of 15 miles and lifted legs at the gym. And mowed the lawn for 2 hours. Now I need to do laundry and grocery shop.

We have no food!

No comments: