Friday, August 12, 2005

Last day of my Summer Vacation

Today is the last day of my summer vacation. I've had 8 weeks, yup, 8 weeks off. I've enjoyed it very, very much. I enjoyed sleeping in, getting up early, going to the lake, biking with the boys, hitting the beach and getting in excellent workouts.

Over the weekend I'll come up with a scheduled training plan. I've been able to wing it these past two months. I've climbed out of bed, ground up my Caribou French Roast, prepared my french press and relaxed before heading out for my run, biking whenever I feel the urge and hitting the gym whenever I want to.

That will all change for the next 10 months. Back to waking up at the crack of dawn (or before), jumping on the treadmill or running in the dark, running after work in the afternoon and squeezing in weight training during the busy periods at the gym.

I'm ready to go back to work. It's been a nice, lazy, enjoyable summer but I'm ready to go back to a schedule.

I would like to go back to school when the boys do (2 weeks out) but apparantly I need to be there two weeks prior. I'm really not sure why...I would prefer student contact days like some of the other office staff keep.

Today I slept in until 745, drank my coffe and hit the trail for 7.5 miles. Rode my bike for 10 miles and mowed the lawn...the same way I have spent most of the summer.

Back to reality...

No comments: