Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Sore!

Here I am, recovering nicely from the tough effort at the marathon on Sunday.

I'm surprised at how sore my upper body is. I recall scrunching up my shoulders during the race, then letting them go, trying to run relaxed. I was so tense and must have been scrunched up most of the race.

My neck, shoulders and arms are SO sore! I don't think I've ever had such a stiff and sore upper body after a race before. It was very sore before I lifted weights last night. It actually felt good to lift and stretch everything out.

After lifting weights I attended a beginning Yoga class. I have gone to the pilates classes before; but never Yoga. I enjoyed it very much. I felt like my cat, Toffee, doing all those stretches! I'll definately attend again.

I wish I could afford a massage! That seems like such an expensive luxury; I think I spend enough on this running habit-I don't really need to spend more for recovery :)

Tonight is run club but I may opt for a kinder, more gentle run on the trail with Topaz.

M1: Oat Pancake
M2: Banana/All They Whey Protein Powder
M3: Tuna Pouch, Apple, large green salad
M4: Turkey Patty, 2 c cabbage
M5: Apple, cottage cheese

No comments: