Monday, October 31, 2005

Too much stress..

I normally don't become too stressed. I usually just go with the flow, taking what comes as it does. No big deal. I really don't have a life that is filled with stress.

Well, this week is feeling a bit stressful.

Steve told me that he is thinking very seriously of accepting a job offer with a different company. He's been with the same company for 15 years. It's been very stable, very safe and I'm afraid, he is now thinking, very stagnant.

After a few very long discussions he has decided to accept the offer.

This scares me to death. I like the same old, same old. I don't do well with change.

This is a very good opportunity, more money, less cost in insurances, etc. But it is a change. An unknown.

He doesn't jump right into anything. He'll weigh the pros and cons and do what he has to do. And I'll support him in his decision.

I have been working two jobs this week. I accepted a position as a cashier last week at our local grocery store.

I had added up my expenses for 2005 so far. In just races, hotel and gasoline; no shoes, clothing, bars, gels or ecaps, and I spent over $2500. The races for '06 will cost even more, as I'm planning on running 3-100's and Western is a huge $250. Plus I'll have to add in air fare and expenses for any pacers I might be lucky enough to talk into pacing me.

I figure Grand Slam in '07 will cost me a cool $6500. I decided not to take any more $ out of the family savings account. Hence, the second job. It is only a few nights a week-a few weekend afternoon's-not bad at all. I think of it as my race job.

So with Steve's job offer, my second job, Topaz's foot and my friends' cancer..yeah, I'm a bit stressed.

I think I'll go for a run; it beats grabbing that Halloween candy or a Special Export :)

1 comment:

robtherunner said...

Sorry to hear you are a bit down. I understand the whole race expense deal as well. I did not have any airfare, or any of that last year, but I am sure I spent somewhere around $2,000 on running related expenses, shoes included.