Friday, November 11, 2005

A Run For Ann

I'm planning an 8K race for Ann.

Yes. It is Ann who has lymphoma. Ann; whose face graces these many pages of my blog. Ann is one of the healthiest people I know, and for her to come down with cancer, is simply shocking to me.

I still haven't been able to wholly grasp the fact.

She'll fight this cancer. She'll fight it off and come back healthier than ever. Yup, I know it as fact.

The Big Lake Run Club is helping me to set up the details. We have Debbie, who is an artist, and does fabulous work. She will design the T-shirts.

The company for which George works is going to sponser us and pay for the shirts.

I've contacted local businesses to donate for food and drink, I've contacted running stores to donate merchandise for door prizes.

We'll use the clock and finish chute that we use for our summer race.

The date: January 14.

Ann is in for the race of her life. We'll be there to help her win this race.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Julie what a terrific and positive thing you are doing. I hope Ann is well soon.