Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Winter Is Back

Sheesh! During my last post I pointed out that it was 41F on Sunday and that the ice was melting on the trail. Well, not anymore! We received 6" of snow Sunday evening. Only 30 miles S of here they received 14! I'll take the 6. The good news: school was closed on Monday. We had a good old fashioned snow day.

I and Topaz hit the trail with snowshoes for 10 miles; it took us 2.5 hours. It was a long snowy haul, but oh! so much fun!

The bad news: I ended up with a fever and stomach flu Monday. Yuck. I took a sick day yesterday but by last night was feeling better so went out for a 4 mile snow shoe. The fever returned at bedtime but all is good today.

I had to get back to work to check my 354 emails and update my blog!

My computer is still down. Yeah, Cliff, you are right. My wonderful 14 year old son, Tyler, has been visiting some not so wonderful sites. He's the culprit of the spyware clog a thon. He's off the computer from now on unless it is school work and I'm right there observing. KIDS! The parental controls don't always work. He can get around them.

The relatives are arriving on Friday so that they can sit the animals and we are heading out to Negril, Jamaica. Swimming, sunning and running on the beach. Oh Yeah! When we get home Spring should be here!

2 comments:

marathonP said...

Have a great time in Jamaica Julie. I am running the LA Marathon Sunday, and am just chugging away on my training. I am building up my weekly mileage, and will get to 60 miles per week for the last few months before the 50 miler. Is that about right?

Have a great vacation. You so deserve it!!

phil

'Zilla said...

Wow, you sure have a lot of viriuses in your house! :) I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better though, and that you're getting a chance to vacation in teh beautiful WARM sun~ Have a great time!