Sunday, October 22, 2006

Dinner

Every two weeks I ask Tyler to pick out what he'd like for dinner. Troy gets to choose each week, but he picks out 'junk' things like pizza, tacos, grilled cheese sandwiches; things I don't normally cook for dinner. Tyler, on the other hand, chooses things like manicotti, stuffed pasta shells, crab legs, etc.

Well, today he chose my chicken and noodles. Tons of noodles. I boil up three whole organic chickens, then cool. While cooling mix up the whole grain flour, salt and organic eggs. A dozen of the them. Roll out and cut.

Debone and defat the chicken, place back into pot of fatty water, add organic carrots and dried flour strips. Whala. A three hour stay in the kitchen.

This is why Tyler only gets to pick dinner every two weeks. Next time it will probably be pasties or something else time consuming!

Ah, very tasty though!

My sister wanted directions and pictures so since I was taking them for her I figured I'd post them here for your next dinner delight!

2 comments:

Susan said...

OH - That looks sooo good.

Sheila said...

Ah, chicken and noodles. My grandma used to make that. You are so talented! And if I ever get up your way, I'd have you make it for me, but that wouldn't be fair. It's just nice to know you are so multi-faceted. And you are raising some great kids, too.