Saturday, December 23, 2006

Holiday Preparations

I'm all prepared for the Holiday. Today I made the last of the prepartations: Grocery Shopping. Egads, the grocery store was crazy busy but well stocked, thank goodness.

Christmas Eve menu: Appetizer: Cream Cheese Ball, Meat and Crackers, Veggies, Blue Cheese Dressing, Olive Tray, Shrimp Cockatil. Main Course: Lobster, King Crab Legs, Porterhouse Steak, Tequillaberry Salad, Marshmallow-Cherry Salad, Fresh Baked Bread, Cheesy Potatoes, Lefse. Dessert: Waldorf Astoria Red Velvet Cake

All ingredients are purchased and I'm ready to cook.

So did Lobster become more expensive this year or did I just purchase the biggest one I could find because I am hungry? One lobster (I'm the only one that likes it) ran me $42.50. Sure, it's 1 1/2 pounds @ $32 a pound, but sheesh. I don't think I've spent that much ever on a lobster. I only purchase one each year, for Christmas Eve, and yes, it is a major splurge for me financially. It's worth it once a year, you know! I figure I deserve it. Yeah, that's how I rationalize it. Oh, and my nephew Lukas likes to eat some of 'aunties' lobster too.

Before I did all of the shopping I and Topaz ran 15 miles on the trail. I didn't have to worry about slushy Heed either. It was 34F when I left this morning. Crazy. There is about 1 inch of snow, it made for nice soft footing. It is supposed to hit 40F today so I'm thinking the snow won't be here for Christmas afterall.

Next Saturday is my 42nd Birthday. I'm thinking 42 miles for 42 years would be a great way to celebrate.

Have a great Holiday weekend!!

4 comments:

marathonP said...

Crab and Lobster for Christmas...genius!! I love your birthday idea. 42 miles would be an awesome way to celebrate your birthday and to ring in the new year.

What are your goals for the coming year Julie? I'd love to know.

Mine are to (a) add 5 more marathons to my list...I want 50 marathons by age 50, and (b) get ready for the Catalina Island 50 miler in Jan 08.

:) phil

Anonymous said...

I like the run your age idea as a birthday celebration. Go for it! Have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I love lobster, though at taht price I may be would choose to go to Red Lobster place:) You deserve it anytime! Have fun on the run too!

Ironayla said...

Merry Christmas