Friday, January 12, 2007

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

The Good: Yesterday I hit some personal bests at the gym while lifting legs. Laying ham curl: 92.5 x 15 x 3 and slanted leg press 250 x 15 x 4. Yeah me.

The Bad: Steve's pool tournament is scheduled from February 7 to February 11.

The Good: Yesterday Inov-8 contacted me and asked if I'd like to represent them for the 2007-2008 year. Yahoo!

The Bad: Steve doesn't write anything on the calendar or plan anything out.

The Good: I received a letter from the race director of the Northwoods Snow Shoe Marathon that is being held next week. She voided my check and is giving me FREE entry to the race because I was the winning woman last year. Ahem, I was the ONLY finishing woman. But I'll still take the comp entry!

The Bad: I asked Steve if he was going to be home on February 9-10. He said YES, GO TO KS.

The Good: I've lost two of the fat pounds that I gained and did not lose any muscle. Yeah me.

The Bad: I won't be running the Psycho Wyco on February 10.

The Good: It's Friday :)

The Bad: I guess you know by now.

The Ugly: I'm kind of pissed off about the above.

6 comments:

Flatman said...

Sorry, Julie. That sucks.

Congratutlations on the sponsorship, the free race and the accomplishments in the weight room!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool, free shoes!

Anonymous said...

Ahem...does anybody ever has only "the good" or "the bad"? "the ugly" comes handu quite often too:)
I am with you. Crap for bad, yay for good. Did you foget to mention wonderful?
:)

Anonymous said...

So run it out at the gym tonight and work off some of your angst. You'll probably get some more personal bests, thanks to your forgetful husband! I guess it's not Kansas anymore for you OR Dorothy! (Topaz too!)

Anonymous said...

Those "goods" are great! Its unfortunate that your going to miss Psycho, but the year's early. I'll try to get some good pics and write up a good race report it. Congrats on the Inov-8 sponsorship, that's awesome!!

Cathy said...

Julie
Looks like you have far more good than bad here. Sorry you won't be able to run KS. Congrats on the free entry, the 2nd year of Innov8 sponsorship, and losing the 2 lbs so quickly.