Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Treadmillin'

Yeah, lots of treadmillin' this weekend. Saturday morning I looked at the thermometer and read -21F. I didn't look at the wind chill. The trees were swaying back and forth so yeah, it was cold. I and Topaz headed out for 10 miles..that was enough. I was cold and slow, he was fine. There was NOT one other person out on the trail. Topaz was moving quickly, rounding up deer and chasing them back and forth. I was moving like molasses, feeling like the Michelin (sp) Man. I decided to bag the outdoor run after 10 miles and finish another 10 on the treadmill. Topaz wasn't too happy about that, he stood by the treadmill and whined at me.

Troy had two basketball games in Dassell-Cokato Saturday afternoon; both were tied in the last seconds and Big Lake lost both. Tough games!

Sunday..still cold. I took Topaz out for only 8 and then ran 12 on the treadmill. The boys complained that I was stinking up the basement while they were playing XBOX 360. Poor poor boys! Good grief.

Last night when I was at the gym, running on the eliptical, treadmill and stair stepper, I was thinking about John, John, Pierre and Scott running Arrowhead. O lord. It was -38 on Monday's start with windchills in the -60's. I just can't imagine. As it became dark I told Troy "right now, those four are looking at the same stars and moon that we are. It is -30F and they have been running for 12 hours..they have 38 hours to go" Tough boys. I said a prayer for them. To be safe, to be warm and to finish. I hope there is an update online soon.

Today is a balmy -1F. A heatwave! I and Topaz headed out for 8 in the neighborhood, it didn't feel too bad. Tonight during Tyler's guitar lesson I'll go to the gym for sprints on their treadmills.

Looking forward to reaching freezing...

3 comments:

olga said...

I am so glad I don't live up North where the temps are below 0...

Janice said...

I've been running through snowstorms and -20 degrees celcius, so I know how you feel. Vaseline is my best friend these days:) I hate being indoors on a treadmill mostly because I have to go to the gym. If I had my own treadmill, I might like it more. Cheers to warmer weather:)I stink up a room when working out too. And I'm proud of it!

Cliff said...

I think about -5*F is as much as i can handle...

havne't test that theory though.