Friday, August 03, 2007

Another Week Flies By..

My summer vacation is going by too quickly, time is going by too fast and there is nothing I can do about it! I can enjoy every day though and that is just what I am doing.

I go back to work on August 15. Less than two weeks, yeah, I'm counting. Yikes.

I am feeling fully recovered from Vermont, I had a very quick and easy recovery this time around. Been running my daily mileage with Topaz and hitting the Afterburn workouts each day. I like it :)

Tomorrow I'll head back on over to Buck Hill. I know that hill helped me out immensely during my Vermont race, I know it can help me out during Superior. I'm not so concerned about the heat training any more, that was for Vermont that I was there at noon, in the heat of the day, banging out hill repeats. Tomorrow I'll probably head over later in the morning, my goal is to bang out 17-20 repeats.

Next Friday I and 9 of my friends will be tripping up to Lutsen to run/crew a 40+mile night run on the Superior Hiking Trail. I can't wait. It will be the final major piece to my Superior Sawtooth 100 (102.5) Trail Race training. I'll continue trekking over to Buck Hill each week until the race date as well.

It is supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon so we'll probably check out The Simpsons Movie. I'm not a big fan, but all of the males in my home are. Sunday we have Twins tickets. Go Twins.

God Bless all that are involved with the search/recovery of the 35 W Bridge Collapse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, my vacation has flown by and I have not done nearly as much as I have wanted to.

home health