Sunday, November 25, 2007

Biscotti

Biscotti means 'twice baked' in Italian. I've tried many biscotti recipies and this is the one i have decided is the best. I bring this everywhere, much like the Oreo Crunch Brownies. Everyone loves them.

1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 t salt
1/4 C cinnamon
3 eggs
3 C flour
2 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
2 Cups chopped pecans
32 oz bag of Milk Chocolate Chocolate Chips

OK, I double the above recipe to get about 50 big biscotti. I realize not everyone wants mega sized, tons of biscotti. I can't imagine why! Above is the recipe for normal people. I guess.

Heat oven to 325. Grease two baking sheets. Cream butter, sugar, salt, cinnamon 1 minute. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg. Mix in flour, baking powder and soda. Fold in 2 cups chocolate chips and nuts. Mix gently, only until well blended. Shape the dough into a long log or make two logs. Flour surface well. Place logs onto well greased pan. Bake 25 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Using a serrated knife, cut the logs into slices. Place them cut side own on another greased cookie sheet and bake for 50 minutes at 275. When cool dunk into melted chocolate. Yum. Warning: 357 calories per biscotti (my size biscotti-4")

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Thanks so much for the recipe. It doesn't look overly intimidating so I may try it soon.