Thursday, November 01, 2007

OZZY STILL ROCKS!

While driving home from the Superior Sawtooth 100 Mile Run last month I heard on the radio that 93X was having a Halloween Ball at the Target Center, on Halloween. Rob Zombie was opening for OZZY. Oooh yeah. I knew I wouldn't be able to get Steve to go with me, he's grown old on me. I couldn't think of anyone else who might want to go..well, maybe Tyler..I thought..I suppose I could bring him to his first concert..if he'd even want to go with him Dear Old Mom.

Luckily for me, Ty was all up for it.

We headed over to the Target Center in Minneapolis last night, all excited for Ozzie and Ty's first concert.

We had awesome tickets, on the floor, 5th row. Found our seat and settled in for fun.

Ozzie didn't disappoint! Holy shit, he still rocks and rolls. He's a bit heavier, sobriety will do that to a person, but man oh man, he rocks hard. He opened up with one of his new songs: I Don't Wanna Stop, then Crazy Train..the place was loud and rocking, then Suicide Solution, Mr. Crowley, Not Going Away, Road to Nowhere, Bark At The Moon (I was barking), Zakk Wylde solo for 20 freaking minutes of bad ass guitar solo, I Don't Know, Here For You, I Don't Want to Change The World, Mama, I'm Coming Home and then PARANOID for the Encore. Freaking Amazing.

We rocked and rolled until 11, got home at 1230 and talked about the concert until 130. It was great to share with Tyler. He told me it was one of the great times in his (short) life. I'm just glad I was a part of it!

3 comments:

marathonP said...

Julie,

YOU ROCK!! You are such a great Mom Julie and so young at heart. Awesome experience to share with Ty.

:) phil

Chubby ----> said...

Wow... what a rockin' Mom. He'll always remember that.

Carilyn said...

You are a cool mom - all the way around! He's a lucky kid!