Sunday, November 25, 2007

Recipies

Before I post my Afton Fat Ass fun run I will post the recipies that were heavily requested. This is the never fail pie crust for the never fail pecan pie. Both recipies are from my Great Grandmother that have followed on down the line to me. I don't imagine my boys will continue the tradition!

Never Fail Pie Crust:
2 1/2 C flour
1 C shortening
Crumble with hands
Mix 3/4 C milk with 1 egg.

Mix together and add to flour mixture, slowly. When you can form a ball stop mixing. Roll onto flour surface. Ball will be quite wet; I usually add 1/2 c additional flour while rolling out. Even if your ball sticks to the counter and you make a mess of it, you can rebundle into a ball and roll out again. You can't ruin it. Really! This makes TWO crusts.

For my Pecan Pie:
Heat oven to 350 degrees
1 1/2 C corn syrup
1 1/2 C dark brown sugar
5 eggs
1/3 C butter, melted
1/2 t Salt
2 t vanilla
2 C pecans

Mix well. I double and make one very full 4" deep pie. This recipe makes a nice full 9" pie for normal people. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust, pour 2 C pecans over. Bake AT LEAST 60 minutes. I usually have to cook my whopper 2 hours.



Pour filling into

No comments: