Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It is Tuesday! Tuesday with Dorie Recipe

Another terrific Tuesday means another terrific Dorie Greenspan recipe from the book Baking: From My Home To Yours.

Chocolate Banded Ice Cream Torte

Very very simple to create and oh so good! I made this on Sunday for dessert. My nephew was over for dinner and all he ate was three slices of my homemade hot from the oven bread and two pieces of Dorie's Chocolate Banded Ice Cream Torte. I can't say I blame him.

I have never made a ganache before. This was fabulous. Premium bittersweet chocolate, sugar, eggs and butter..how easy and wonderful; between layers of premium vanilla ice cream blended with fresh strawberries . I subbed the raspberries for strawberries as I have quarts and quarts of frozen strawberries that I had picked earlier this summer and my raspberry supply is getting low.

Of course, instead of creating in an 8" I opted for a 9x13 cake pan and doubled the recipe. An 8" would last this family for one dessert. I want it to last two, at least.

This one received raves; all family members loved it. Click on the Dorie box on the side bar to be directed to other Dorie Bakers.

2 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Wow, that's a lot of torte. Crazy!

Barbara said...

Yummy, chocolate and strawberries! Your picture looks great. Nice job!