Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Tuesday With Dorie

Thankfully I had made these cookies a few days before Superior Sawtooth 100 or I don't know that I would have been up to the task. I've been super busy and gee, I'm a bit tired...

These cookies were gone in 1 day. They are more of a candy I think, than a cookie. They were devoured with bowls of ice cream between the three men in my home. I stayed away. I knew they were fabulous though, by the wonderful aroma wafting throughout my home.

I doubled the recipe and was able to get 30 LARGE cookies.

Here's the recipe. You need to try these!

1 3/4 C flour
1 c ovaltine
1/4 c cocoa
1 1/2 t baking pwder
1/4 t salt
1 stick + 3 T butter
2/3 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c whole milk
2 cups Whoppers, chopped coarsely
6 oz bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped

Sift flour, ovaltine, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Beat butter and sugar, add eggs, vanilla. Add dry ingredients, mix in milk and add malted milk balls and chocolate. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets, baking 13 minutes at at 350.

LOVELY! I also made some whopper cookie ice cream sandwiches for the boys. They loved them. I will be baking these again.

5 comments:

Teanna said...

These would make some great ice cream sandwiches! Yours look fantastic!

Engineer Baker said...

These are definitely a cookie that goes well with ice cream or milk. The fudginess does lend them towards cookie status, now that I think of it. I bet the guys appreciated them :)

The DeL Sisters said...

Great looking cookies!

Christine said...

Ice cream sandwiches are perfect with these cookies, glad you enjoyed them!

Pamela said...

They look great and they are great cookies for ice cream sandwiches.