Monday, March 02, 2009

100 %

Finally. I'm feeling 100% recovered from the flu that had me flat on my back for days. Blech. I didn't run, didn't lift, didn't do anything but sleep for days.

Friday I made a brave attempt to go to work. I ended up staying until 1230 until I had to go home to sleep off the exhaustion just from sitting at my desk all morning. Incredible. Totally exhausted.

Friday night Troy became ill.

Saturday I was able to muster the energy to drive over to Afton State Park to visit with my friends after their snowshoe run. I drove home to sleep off another afternoon. Exhausted.

Sunday my sister and I actually walked the Blue Hill Trail for an hour and a half. The most exercise I had participated in all week. I came home and took a nap.

Steve became ill.

Today I woke up and felt fantastic! On my treadmill for 4 miles of intervals, first time in 7 days! A 10 mile snowshoe run with Topaz after work. Topaz had miles stored up inside of him. He ran hard and fast; was as joyful as I to be out in the snow running again. An hour of chest at the gym tonight. I am 100% and it feels awesome. I'm grateful, so very grateful for feeling well again.

Today I had to drive Tyler home from school. He became ill.

Our house is one big flu germ. Hopefully everyone is healthy tomorrow.

3 comments:

Damon said...

Julie,

I'm glad you're feeling better. Until two days ago, I'd managed to go through the whole winter fairly healthy, but I'm sick now, and I'm entered in a snowshoe marathon on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

ACK! Hand sanitizer - turned my kids to little jerky paws when it went through here a few weeks ago. Hopefully everyone is on the mend!

olga said...

Sounds like your bout was a bad one. I only downed for 3 days, then shuffled. Glad you're better, sad the rest of the house is in it. Take good care.