Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Cake Slice: Pina Colada Cake

I can't believe that it is already the 20th of June and time to post the latest cake from Sky High: Irresistible Triple Layer Cakes.

This month we go a bit tropical with the flavors of the Pina Colada: Rum, Pineapple, Coconut, Lime melded together in a flavorful cake.

The cake layers are 'brown sugar' cake; dense and moist. In between the layers is a pineapple filling with lime and vanilla bean. A coconut butter cream is frosted upon the cake with coconut sprinkled over the top. Flavorful!

The recipe stated it would make 3 9" layers so I didn't increase the ingredients. I was only able to get two layers full. My cake is only a double. I didn't bother doubling the frosting or filling with only two layers. Of course I could have cut each layer in half and had a four layer cake..but then I would be called extreme..again.

This cake will be Father's Day dessert. The boys couldn't resist and wanted slices tonight. They liked the cake but weren't crazy for it. There was not a crumb left upon their plates though!

Here is a link to the recipe

No comments: