Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sad Garden.

My vegetable garden is not producing the bounty that it normally does. I am guessing that it is due to the cool summer (which totally sucks by the way) and the lower than average rainfall that we are having. I can do without the rain, as we have a well, and I water freely. However, the cooler than average temps are really the pits.

Today I was finally able to have a salad from my garden that consisted of more than just spinach, lettuces and strawberries. I was able to actually pick some of the tiny carrots and baby beets, zucchini and yellow squash. The only reason I have zucchini and squash is because I begin them from seed early in the winter. When I plant them in May they already have nice vines.

My tomatoes are a delicacy for the deer. The two little fawn are so damn cute but come on, leave my tomatoes alone! My cucumbers are just plain old sad. The leaves are curled up and just beginning to flower. The raccoon have about destroyed by corn stalks, the birds love my peas.

Oh well, today I did get a bit of variety. More will come!

No comments: