2016 Racing Schedule

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The BIG 5-0!

-->
My 50th Birthday=10 year Bloggerversary!

I am not sure what is more surprising to me..that I am 50 years old or that I have been blogging for 10 years?

50.  I really can’t believe it. . I feel blessed to have reached this number! I have so many good friends who have reached and passed 50 and 60 with such strength and grace. I am in great company!

Running wise 2014 was a good year for me. I was able to heal from my broken ankle I suffered at Superior 100, 2013. I wasn’t sure how my comeback would go. I was able to finish Zumbro 50 Mile, Savage 100 Mile, Afton 50K, Voyageur 50 Mile and Superior 100.  That’s a victory! I reached all of my goals.

Unfortunately it came at a cost! I’ll have this Morton’s Neuroma removed on January 9. I’m anxious to get this done and to begin the healing process. 

I’m a goal setter. I just am not happy with lollygagging along, it’s not in my make-up. I've tried running 3-5 miles for fun daily and it just isn't me. Someday it may be, but not now. For 2015 I still hope to run Gnarly Bandit.  The only obstacle I see here is whether or not I’m healed and trained for Zumbro 100 in April. I’d prefer to have some high mileage weeks in at this time, but, alas, that is not happening. My foot is just too painful to run upon for more than 4 miles.  I am not going to rush it. Ha!

50 years old...time to get in the best shape of my life..to run the races that make me feel alive! Cheer to 50 and 2015. I've got this! 

Happy New Years to all of you! Make 2015 your best so far!  I will, too!

No comments: